A lot of people have the opinion that skipping breakfast will reduce calorie intake and will therefore lead to weight loss. But this is not the case at all.
During the night’s sleep, your body is resting for a long period of time. Therefore, when awakened, it requires nutrients and energy to be active during the day. This energy must be provided by a balanced breakfast.
To keep a good physical shape, breakfast is a must. It will not only boost your metabolism but also prevent overeating in the evening. Many people are complaining that they don’t have the time or do not feel hungry in the morning.
Here are some basic rules that need to be followed in order for you to have a good appetite in the morning and that will help you with the absorption of the consumed food.
- Do not eat right before going to bed. If you eat immediately before sleep, you are loading the digestive tract when it needs to rest. So, once you wake up, you will not feel hungry and you may have a feeling of discomfort and weight in your abdomen.
- As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of water. This will help your body to wake up and will activate the processes in it. So the day, not only for your consciousness, but also for the body, can now begin.
- Food should be taken 30-40 minutes after you wake up, when the stomach is ready for work.
- It has been proven that the best time to have breakfast is between 7 am and 9 am. If you need to go out early to work, you can eat before that, but scientists are saying that according to the biological rhythm, the human body is best able to digest the food consumed in this interval.
- Breakfast should be rich in protein, carbohydrates and vitamins and fibers. Most suitable for the first meal are whole grains, curd, milk, fruits (both wild and dried) and eggs (especially еgg whites).
Here are some reasons why NOT to miss breakfast:
It is important for the vitality of your heart
Surprisingly, a number of studies have shown that skipping breakfast can result in cardiovascular disease. People who often miss breakfast have more prerequisites for developing hypertension and chronic cardiovascular disease.
Higher risk of type two diabetes
The risk of type two diabetes, especially among women, who are skipping this important meal is significantly higher. Recent studies show that the percentage is 54% greater than those who consume breakfast in regular basis.
It affects metabolism
Good breakfast is one of the best ways to start your day. If you decide to skip this meal, your metabolism slows down significantly. Why is it important to have a rapid metabolism – The “speed of your metabolism” is directly responsible for the number of calories you burn during the day.
What you need to remember is that breakfast is a must, and that it should be delicious, satiating and healthy, so that you can start your day full of energy.